Tuesday 6 November 2012

Glossy Box October: First Impressions







DIY Beauty- In The Box

.Anatomicals Don't Just Clean It Woman, Scrub It - Body Scrub 75ml Scrub
.Yves Rocher France Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser - Full Size 30ml/£18
.Skinetica Anti- Blemish Treatment 10ml Sample
.Green People Organic Self Tan 20ml Sample
.Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Black Platinum Full Size £6.99/14.7ml

First Impressions

This is the first Glossy Box I have received on time, and it was quite exciting to receive to Glossy Boxes within 2 days, however the contents was a little underwhelming this month. The box had a "DIY Pamper" theme however I'd hardly say that rang true with the products included. There was nothing indulgent about any of the products, and I wouldn't consider them to be luxurious in any way. I can find use for all of them except the fake tan which I would never use. The one I'm most excited about is the Yves Rocher France Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser as I like trying new anti ageing products. However with the sheer volume of anti ageing stuff I've been receiving from Glossy Box over the past few months it's starting to give me a complex about being old. This is the most expensive product in the box and kind of makes up for the other stuff.  The Skinetica Anti- Blemish Treatment is a product I wouldn't purchase if I saw it in the shops being on the cheap side, but I will happily try this sample out when I have a breakout to see if it is any good. Although I  always find the mini body washes great for travel I would have liked to have seen a more expensive one in the box; the Anatomicals range is not one I've really heard of before but I did notice a full size in the bargain section of the supermarket which doesn't give me much hope this will be that great. The last product the Sally Hansen polish is not something I'd usually be bothered about, not being a regular nail varnish wearer, but I like this shade and will be trying it out. Will review these products in full shortly...







No comments: